Job opportunity 03/12/18 1:20:59 PM
CO-OP EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITYJob Title: Facility assistant / Equipment operatorLocation: Thornloe – Temiskaming Ag CentreReporting to the Operations Manager, the incumbent will be responsible for numerous duties including customer service,
operating grain handling equipment, fertilizer blending and delivery equipment and crop spraying equipment.
He/she will be expected to work extended hours during seeding and harvesting season.Job Duties:
- Provide excellent customer service at the Temiskaming Ag Center.
- Operate Crop Sprayer.
- Operate grain handling equipment including grain elevator, grain cleaner and grain dryer.
- Receive, weigh and grade crops for resale.
- Issue grain receipts including weight, grade and dockage content.
- Maintain accurate records of all products handled for quality, billing, inventory etc…
- Operate fertilizer blending and delivery equipment.
- Operate fertilizer delivery trucks.
- Must possess a general level of mechanical aptitude
- Perform general housekeeping duties.
- Must be safety conscious; know and follow proper steps and procedures for any task performed.
- Be able to work irregular hours, under minimum supervision.
- Obtain certificates as required such as Chemical applicator
- Promote the Co-operative’s products, services and philosophy.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Requirements and Experience:
- Must hold a valid DZ driver’s license.
- Must have good agricultural background.
- Must have highly developed organizational skills.
- Must have considerable knowledge of health and safety regulations.
- Must be able to handle heavy lifting activities.
- Bilingual - fluent in both English and French would be an asset
Job Type: Full time non-union position Job Location: Thornloe, ONSalary: Salary to be negotiated with employerApplication Deadline: March 16th, 2018 To apply, please submit your resume to email@example.comWe thank you for your interest in this position but please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
|SECOND EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
| | CO-OP
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY Job Title: Crop Input / Agronomist Internship Location: Thornloe, ON This is an internship position with the possibility of developing into a Crop Input / Agronomy Specialist for the Cooperative Regionale de Nipissing-Sudbury Limited in North Eastern Ontario and the Temiscaming District in Quebec. This position works directly with the location sales and agronomy team, at locations in Thornloe, Verner and Echo Bay, to provide agronomy and crop production solutions for our farm customers. The successful applicant will work with and receive mentorship from the existing Agronomy team. It is required that they work toward achieving the professional designation of Certified Crop Advisor (CCA). The position is open to recently qualified Bachelor’s or Master’s degree graduates or to students in post-secondary studies in agriculture or a related science.
- Provide agronomic support to Farmers, on all aspects of their crop plan, throughout the growing season.
- Promote and market the full range of crop input solutions available from Co-op Regionale.
- Work with producers to encourage soil testing and plant analysis to determine crop nutrient needs and match fertility programs with those needs.
- Promote best management practices for nutrient management, use of crop protection products, crop rotations and use of equipment.
- Evaluate new crop cultivars and their potential in a grower’s cropping program.
- Support Farmers in their crop marketing strategies and promote use of the Co-op grain drying, storage and marketing programs.
- Track and record data on crop acreages and input usage in order to assist Co-op in sales and marketing endeavors.
- Stay current with development of new products and technologies relevant to the industry.
- Attend trade shows participate and present at Grower information meetings.
- Participate in any training offered through the Co-op System.
- Strong organizational skills / time management skills.
- Advanced skill with Excel. Ability to create spreadsheets and analyze data entered.
- Frequent travel within assigned region for meetings with customers, prospects and other Cooperative personnel.
- Must possess a valid Canadian driver’s license with a clean driving record.
- Bilingual - fluent in both English and French would be an asset.
Job Type: 1-year Internship position with possibility of extension. Job Location: Thornloe, ON. Salary: Salary to be negotiated with employer. Application Deadline: Monday, April 2nd, 2018 by 4:30 PM. To apply, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org We thank you for your interest in this position but please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Sales aptitude.
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems and make decisions independently.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills, with ability to influence decision-making.
- Knowledge of agronomy services, crop inputs business and the significance of supplier relationships.
- Understanding of grain marketing.